Milkmaid- 200g Maida- 150g Butter- 100g Baking Powder- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar- 25g Vanilla Essence- 1/2 tsp Milk- 1/2 cup Tooti Footi- 1 tbsp
- Grease a baking tray with oil or butter and let it rest.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and whisk properly.
- Add milkmaid to the mixture and whisk properly. Then add vanilla essence to the mixture and mix properly.
- Mix maida and baking powder and strain the mixture twice so that they get mixed properly.
- Add the dry mixture into the butter mixture in small quantities. At the same time add milk into the same mixture in small quantities. Mix the mixture in cut-and-fold method using a spatula. Repeat the process until whole dry mixture is added. Add tooti footi and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Add the cake mixture into the baking tray and sprinkle some tooti footi over it.
- Bake it at 180°C for 35-40 mins.
- In order to test if the cake is baked properly, insert a clean knife into the cake and push it out. The knife should come out clean. If it does not, bake the cake for another 5-10 mins.
- Let it rest at room temperature for 15 mins before serving it.