For Tikki: Soyabean- 1/2 cup (soaked in water for 10-12 hours) Oats- 1/2 cup Boiled Potatoes- 2 medium sized Boiled Green Peas- 1/4 cup Carrots- 2 (grated) Capsicum- 1/2 (finely chopped) Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (finely chopped) Green chillies- 2 Ginger- 1" piece Red chilli powder- 1tsp Coriander powder- 1tsp Chaat masala- 1tsp Amla powder or dry Mango powder- 1tsp Salt- 1/2tsp (according to taste) White/Whole Wheat Bread- 2 (crumbled) For Burger: Wheat buns- 6 pieces For Dressing: Tomato- 4 Cucumber- 1 Lettuce or Cabbage Leaves- 10-12 Tomato Ketchup Cheese Slice- 6 Baked Potato Chips (to serve on the side)
- Grind soaked soyabean with ginger and green chillies. Add small quantities of water when required. Add the mixture in a bowl.
- Roast the oats slightly and add them to the same bowl.
- Grate potatoes and add them to the bowl.
- Add boiled green peas, grated carrots, chopped capsicum, corriander leaves, corriander powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, amla powder, salt and crumbled bread to the bowl and mix well. If the dough is still loose, add another piece of bread.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan.
- Make about 6-7 balls from the prepared dough. Take a ball and flatten it with the help of your palm. Do the same with the remaining balls.
- Pan fry all the tikkies on medium flame until they are brown on both sides. I use less oil because my children like less oil.
- Cut cucumber and tomatoes in thin slices.
- Cut the bun horizontally in the middle into two pieces and roast the two pieces on the pan slightly.
- Place the lower part of the bun. Spread 1 tsp of tomato ketchup on it.
- Place lettuce, a slice of cucumber, a slice of tomato.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of the vegetables. Now place the tikki on top.
- Finish it with another slice of cucumber and tomato on top.
- Soy & Oats High Fibre Burger is ready. Serve it with baked potato chips on the side.
- You can place a slice of onion on top of cucumber and tomato.
- You can use 1tsp of eggless Mayonnaise over tomato ketchup.
- You can use Soya Granules instead of Soyabeans. Take 1 cup of soya granules and soak them in hot water for 10 mins. Drain all the water and crush the granules to use them for the dough.