I used to prepare vermicelli in two ways usually- either salted with vegetables or sweet (recipes soon 🙂 ). But when I tried this variation, I and my children liked it very much, and now it has become a regular dish for breakfast in our home. Bonus- It is super easy to cook and super delicious to eat.
(serves 2 people)
Vermicelli- 1.5 cup Channa Dal- 1tbsp Dhuli Urad Dal- 1tbsp Mustard Seeds- 1tsp Curry Leaves- 10-12 Green Chilli- 2-3 (cut vertically) Salt- 1.5tsp or to taste Black Pepper- 1/2tsp Turmeric Powder(Haldi)- 1/4tsp Lemon- 1 Oil- 2tbsp + 1tsp
- Boil 6 cups of water with 1/2tsp salt and 1tsp oil added to it.
- Add vermicelli to it and cook for few minutes till soft.
- Strain it and run tap water through it. Keep aside.
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add both dals and roast them till they are light brown in color.
- Add mustard seeds. Let it splutter. Add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Cover the pan with a lid for a 2-3 mins so that dals get cooked to become lightly soft.
- Add haldi, salt, black pepper. Mix well.
- Add boiled vermicelli and lemon. Mix well.
- Plate it in a serving dish. Serve it hot.
- You can use dry red chillies instead of green chillies.
“Fill your attitude with goodness”