We all have a sweet tooth wherein none of us can stop at just one sweet. The overriding feeling of guilt that follows is inevitable. These delectable laddoos, made without sugar or ghee (yes, you heard me right), combine three powerful dry fruits to deliver taste and health in equal measures. Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, omega-3 and 6 fatty-acids, potassium and magnesium, you don’t need to stop at just one.
Dates- 25-30 Almonds- 25-30 Cashew nuts- 25-30 White Sesame Seeds- 1/2 cup Poppy Seeds (khas khas)- 1/4 cup Cardamom Powder- 1tsp
- Wipe the dates clean with a dry and clean cloth. Do not use water to wash them because water decreases the shelf life of these laddoos from 1 month to 2 days.
- Deseed dates and chop them finely.
- Grind almonds and cashew nuts coarsely.
- Dry roast sesame seeds until light brown. Keep aside.
- Mix dates, almonds & cashew nuts mixture, sesame seeds and cardamom powder in a bowl.
- Dry roast poppy seeds until light brown. Keep aside.
- Make about 12 laddoos from the mixture prepared in step 5
- Roll these laddoos one by one over poppy seeds.
- Healthy and nutritious power packed laddoos are ready.