The phrase “Say Cheese” is used for a reason. Cheese. It makes everybody smile. Kids, adults, aged people- cheese is liked by one and all. Cheese poppers are one of the yummiest appetizers one can indulge in.
For Stuffing: Corn Kernels- 1/2 cup (boiled) Capsicum- 1/2 (finely chopped) Carrot- 1 (finely chopped) Green Chillies- 2 (finely chopped) Cheese (Processed or Mozzarella)- 1/2 cup (grated) Oil- 1 tbsp Salt- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper- 1/2 tsp For Pops: Potatoes- 4 medium sized (boiled and mashed) Processed Cheese- 1/2 cup (grated) Cornflour- 3 tbsp Salt- 1/2tsp or to taste Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp Cornflour- 3 tbsp Maida- 3 tbsp Puffed Rice- 1 cup (grounded)
- Heat oil and put carrots into the pan. Cook for 3-4 mins on low flame until carrots become soft.
- Add capsicum in the same pan and saute for another 3-4 mins
- Now add boiled corn kernels and green chillies. Saute.
- Add salt and black pepper. Saute for 2-3 mins
- Keep the mixture aside. Let it cool and then add grated cheese into it. Mix well.
- Mix potatoes, cheese, salt, cornflour, lemon juice properly.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and make circular shape.
- Take one ball, press it on your palm slightly, fill it with the stuffing and close the dough to make a proper ball out of it. Please note that there should be no crack in the prepared ball as they might get destroyed while getting fried.
- Repeat the above process to prepare 12 smooth balls.
- Take a small bowl and mix cornflour & maida with about 1/2 cup of water. There should be no lumps in the mixture.
- Place the grounded puffed rice in a flat plate.
- Take one cheese ball, dip it in the cornflour mixture, then roll it in puffed rice. Keep the ball aside. Repeat the process with the remaining balls.
- Refrigerate these balls for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins of refrigeration, deep fry the balls.
- Mouth watering cheese poppers are ready. Serve them with tomato ketchup.
- You can use bread crumbs instead of puffed rice.